“How do pheromone products differ from each other?"
There are many stark differences between Athena's two pheromone cosmetics and other pheromone colognes or copycats on the market, usually sold at a cheaper price.
Not one of the several hundred imitators have:
- Trade-secret formulas created by the scientist who co-discovered human pheromones in 1986
- Continuous marketplace success since 1993
- Been proven effective in three different 8-plus week double blind, placebo-controlled efficacy studies that were published in three different respected peer review scientific journals
- Been successfully tested by FOX TV news and twice by ABC NEWS and ABC 20/20 in twins' tests which all televised that their 'subjects' wearing Athena got more attention.
If you review our website, www.athenainstitute.com, it will be very obvious that Dr. Cutler's scientific credentials (Ph.D at University of Pennsylvania, post doctoral fellowship at Stanford University, author of 8 books and 40 scientific papers) and the work of Athena Institute for Women's Wellness are simply unmatched by the many competitors trying to falsely claim that our studies prove their products work.
Dr. Cutler has been a research scientist and author for thirty-five years and continues to conduct women's health research and pursue publication with fellow scholars and colleagues. In 1999, Dr. Cutler was invited by the American College of Ob/Gyns to give a 90 minute lecture on "Pheromones As Sex Attractants" to physicians for their Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits at the annual convention in Philadelphia.
The pheromone discovery Dr. Cutler and colleagues made in 1986 received major media coverage in NEWSWEEK, TIME, USA TODAY, and The Washington Post. Subsequently, over the next seven years both Athena pheromone products were created, tested, and marketed through a rigorous scientific process. Athena Pheromones have been enjoyed since 1993, and 1995, and available only through Athena Institute.
Science's 'GOLD STANDARD' test of whether a product works is called a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Athena Pheromones have been tested in 3 such studies -- published in peer-reviewed, respected scientific journals and presented to professional societies. No other pheromone product, or any cosmetic, is tested this way. These studies:
- February 1998 in the peer-reviewed journal, Archives of Sexual Behavior, the lead article, pages 1-13. (click here) An 8 week double-blind study of 38 heterosexual men using Athena Pheromone 10Xtm or placebo demonstrated 74% of the men wearing Athena’s pheromones, compared to 26% of placebo users, recorded an increase in romantic attention from women.
- March 2002 the San Francisco State University study by Dr. Norma McCoy was published in the peer-reviewed journal, Physiology and Behavior and concluded that Athena Pheromone 10:13tm worked for 74% of the reproductive -aged women to increase their sexual attractiveness to men. (click here)
- November 2004 - after being presented to the Society for Behavioral Medicine in April 2002, the Boston study was subsequently published in the peer-reviewed scientific journal, Journal of Sex Research in 2004 (click here). Led by Susan Rako, MD, the study showed that postmenopausal women ages 47-75 using Athena Pheromone 10:13tm, compared to placebo, increased their sexual attractiveness and the romantic attention they received from men.
Our marketplace feedback reflects the 74-75% effectiveness of Athena Pheromones that our research listed above has proven. We are honest in our marketing claims and let consumers know these results. For example, we explain that the products are not guaranteed to work for everyone, and also expressly disclaim that our pheromone cosmetic fragrance additives are 'aphrodisiacs'.
Athena Pheromone 10Xtm for men and Athena Pheromone 10:13tm for women are also unique from most pheromone products in that they are odorless additives, the wearer does not have to change his or her favorite perfume or cologne - just add 10X or 10:13 to them.
When developing Athena Pheromone products, Dr. Cutler understood that pheromonal communication was essentially species specific...thus she created and bottled two synthesized formulas, or chemical copies, of the sex-attractant pheromone emitted by a sexually attractive man in his early thirties (for 10X), and the sex-attractant pheromone emitted by a sexually attractive woman in her late twenties/early thirties (for 10:13).
Our research also substantiates that Athena pheromones evoke behavioral responses from the people in contact with the wearer (women respond to men wearing Athena 10Xtm, men respond to women wearing Athena 10:13tm) rather than increasing the wearer's libido or making him 'feel good' like many other products claim.
Most pheromone products do not identify the scientist who developed their formula or conducted rigorous efficacy studies like ours. Many copycats will cite the studies listed above to try to lend credibility to their products. We would encourage people to be skeptical. Visit the websites of other products; question who they are and what science they have supporting the efficacy of their own products. Then review our website and judge for yourself... we suggest that caveat emptor, "Let the Buyer Beware", is a relevant slogan for pheromone customers.
We hope you enjoy perusing our website.
Click here to watch the recent video interview of Dr. Cutler discussing her new book; Hormones and Your Health