List of Dr. Cutler's Published Work
Books - Published / in progress
Please click on titles for more information
(many of these books are available through our shopping cart)
1. Cutler WB. Hormones and Your Health:The Smart Woman's Guide to Hormonal and Alternative Therapies for Menopause, Wiley, NY, 2009
2. Cutler WB. Searching for Courtship : The Smart Woman's Guide to Finding a Good Husband. Villard (Random House) 1993. second edition 1998 Athena Institute Press.
3. Cutler WB. Love Cycles: The Science of Intimacy, Villard (Random House), 1991, second edition 1996, Athena Institute Press.
4. Cutler WB. and Garcia CR. Menopause: A Guide for Women and the Men Who Love Them, 1992 completely revised and expanded. W W Norton, New York ..1992 ; paperback August 1993
5. Cutler WB. Hysterectomy: Before and After, Harper and Row, NY, 1988 Paperback update issued March, 1990.
6.Cutler WB. and Minker M. Die Fragwurdige Operation Kreuz Verlag Zurich, 1990
7.Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Edwards DA. Menopause: A Guide for Women and the Men Who Love Them. W.W. Norton & Co., Inc., New York, 1983. Updated paperback, 1985.
8. Cutler WB and Garcia CR. The Medical Management of the Menopause and Premenopause: Their Endocrinologic Basis. Lippincott Co., Philadelphia, PA, 1984.
9. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Edwards DA. La Menopause: Guide Pour Les Femmes et Les Hommes Qui Les Aiment, Les editions internationales Alain Stanke Ltee, 1984.
10. Cutler WB and Garcia CR. Tratamiento Medico de la Menopausia y la Premenopausia. Medici, Barcelona, Spain, 1987.
11. Cutler WB and Drake M. Kathryn's Rules - What Every Little Girl Needs to Know About Respect (in search of a publisher).
Publications in Professional Journals and Scientific Presentations at Academic MeetingsPlease click on titles for more information
(reprints of most articles are available through our shopping cart)
1. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Krieger AM. Infertility and Age at First Coitus: A Possible Association. J. Biosoc Sci 11:425-432, 1979.
2. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Krieger AM. Sexual Behavior Frequency and Menstrual Cycle Length in Mature Premenopausal Women. Psychoneuroendocrinology 4: 297-309, 1979.
3. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Krieger AM. Luteal Phase Defects: A Possible Relationship Between Short Hyperthermic Phase and Sporadic Sexual Behavior and Menstrual Cycle Length in Women. Hormones and Behavior 13:; 214-218, 1979.
4. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Krieger AM. Sporadic Sexual Behavior and Menstrual Cycle Length in Women. Hormones and Behavior 14: 163-172, 1980.
5. Cutler WB and Garcia CR. The Psychoneuroendocrinology of the Ovulatory Cycle of Women. Psychoneuroendocrinology 5(2): 89-111, 1980.
6. Cutler WB. Lunar and Menstrual Phase Locking. Am J Obstet Gynecol 137: 834-839, 1980.
7. Cutler WB. Pre-menopausal Hysterectomy and Cardiovascular Disease. Am J Obstet Gynecol 141: 849-850, 1981.
8. Cutler WB, Davidson JM, McCoy N. Sexual Behavior, Steroids and Hot Flashes are Associated During the Perimenopause. Neuroendo. L 5(3): 185, 1983.
9. Garcia CR and Cutler WB. Preservation of the Ovary: A Reevaluation. Fertil Steril 42: 510-514, 1984.
10. McCoy N, Cutler W, Davidson JM. Relationships Among Sexual Behavior, Hot Flashes, and Hormone Levels in Perimenopausal Women. Arch Sexual Behavior 14(5) 385-394, 1985.
11. Cutler WB, Preti G, Huggins G, Erickson B, Garcia CR. Sexual Behavior Frequency and Fertile-type Menstrual Cycle. Physiology and Behavior 34: 805-810, 1985.
12. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, Huggins GR, Preti G. Sexual Behavior and Steroid Levels Among Gynecologically Mature Premenopausal Women. Fertil Steril 45(4):496-502, 1986.
13. Garcia CR and Cutler WB. Reply to Drs. DeCherney and Schwartz (in response to an ongoing debate regarding our paper "Preservation of the Ovary: A Reevaluation). Fertil Steril 45(5): 738-741, 1986.
14. Cutler WB, Garcia CR, McCoy N. Perimenopausal Sexuality. Archives of Sex Behavior: 16:3:225-234.1987.
15. Cutler WB, Preti G, Krieger A, Huggins GR, Garcia CR, Lawley RJ(1986) Human Axillary Secretions Influence Women's Menstrual Cycles: The Role of Donor Extract from Men. Hormones and Behavior 20:474-482.
16. Preti G, Cutler WB, Krieger A, Huggins GR, Garcia CR, Lawley R (1986) Human Axillary Secretions Influence Women's Menstrual Cycles: The Role of Donor Extract from Women. Hormones and Behavior 20:463-473.
17. Cutler WB , Schleidt WM, Friedmann E, Preti G, Stine R.(1987) Lunar Influences on the Reproductive Cycle in Women. Human Biology, 59 (6) 959-972.
18. Cutler WB. (1987) Interpersonal influences on female reproductive endocrinology. Clinical Practice in Sexuality 3:8:24-28.
19. Cutler WB, Karp J, Stine R. (1988) Single photon absorptiometry imaging as a screen for diminished dual photon density measures. Maturitas 10:143-155.
20. Cutler WB. (1988) Reply to Clyde Wilson. Hormones and Behavior June issue
21. Cutler WB (1989) Reply to Wesley Whitten Am J Ob Gyn vol 160
22. Cutler WB (1990) Hormone Replacement Therapy and the Risk of Breast Cancer. Infections and Surgery Vol. 9:10-24.
23. Cutler WB and Genovese-Stone E. (1990) HRT and Breast Cancer, in response to Berkvist. NEJM 322:202-203.
24. Cutler WB, Friedmann E, Genovese-Stone E, and Felmet K (1992) Urinary stress incontinence: a pervasive problem among well women. J Wmns Health Vol 1:4..
25. Cutler WB, Friedmann E, Genovese, E. (1993) Kyphosis in a healthy sample of pre and post menopausal women. Am J Phys Med Rehab.72:219-225.
26. Cutler WB (1996) Oophorectomy at hysterectomy after age 40? A practice that does not withstand scrutiny. Menopause Management North American Menopause Society 5:10-14.
27. Cutler WB, Friedmann E, McCoy NL (1996) Coitus and menstruation in perimenopausal women. J Psychosom Obstet Gynecol 17:149-157.
28. Cutler WB (1998) Pheromonal Modulation of Brain and Behavior in Hormonal Modulation of Brain and Behavior, American Psychiatric Press, ed. U Halbreich, MD. American Psychiatric Press in press.
29. Cutler WB, McCoy NL, Friedmann E (1998) Pheromonal Influences on Sociosexual Behavior of Men. Archives of Sexual Behavior 27:1-13
30. Cutler WB, Genovese-Stone E (1998) Wellness in Women After 40 Years of Age: The Role of Sex Hormones and Pheromones. Disease-A-Month, 44:423-546
31. Cutler WB, McCoy NL, Friedmann E (1998) Pheromonal Influences on Sociosexual Behavior: Response to Wysocki and Preti, Archives of Sexual Behavior 27:629-634.
32. Cutler W (1999) Human Sex-Attractant Pheromones: Discovery, Research, Development, and Application in Sex Therapy. Psychiatric Annals 1999; 29:54-59.
33. Cutler WB (1999) Women's Responses to Genital Stimulation: Evidence for a Functional Role of Timing. INABIS 98 -5th Internet World Congress on Biomedical Sciences at McMaster University, Canada, invited symposium (in press) http://www.mcmaster.ca/inabis98/
34. Cutler WB, McCoy NL, Friedmann E, Genovese-Stone E, Zacher, MJ (2000) Sexual response in women. , Obstetrics & Gynecology 95:4(Supplement) April 2000, 19S.
35. Cutler WB, Genovese-Stone E (2000) Wellness in Women After 40 Years of Age: The Role of Sex Hormones and Pheromones: Part 1 The Sex Hormones, Adrenal Sex Hormones and Pheromonal Modulation of Brain and Behavior. Current Problems in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Fertility 23:1:1-32.
36. Cutler WB, Genovese-Stone E (2000) Wellness in Women After 40 Years of Age: The Role of Sex Hormones and Pheromones: Part II Hormone Replacement Therapy; Part III Hysterectomy. Current Problems in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Fertility 23:1:33-88.
37. Cutler WB, McCoy NL, Friedmann E, Genovese-Stone E, Zacher MJ (2001) The Impact of Hysterectomy on Sexual Life of Women. ObstetGyncol 97:4(Supplement) April 2001,23S.
38. Cutler WB. (2002) Reshaping the Female Body: The Dilemma of Cosmetic Surgery. Review of book by Kathy Davis. Rutledge, New York. 1995. Archives of Sexual Behavior. January 2, 2002: 217-218.
39. Cutler WB, Genovese E. (2002) Pheromones, sexual attractiveness and quality of life in menopausal women. Climacteric. Vol. 5, Number 2, pge. 112-121). June 2002.
40. Cutler WB, McCoy NL, and Friebely J (2003) Sociosexual behavior in healthy women: Significant effects of reproductive stage and cohabiting status. ObstetGynecol 101:4 (Supplement) April 2003, 99s.
41.Cutler, PhD, Winnifred B. How Sexual Attractiveness, Pheromones, Fertility, and Hysterectomy are Related. Symposium (2004). American Psychiatric Association.
42. Cutler, PhD, Winnifred B. Millicent Zacher, DO , Elizabeth Genovese, M.D. Evidence that Sex Attractant Pheromone Effects Strengthen with Continued Use. Poster presentation (2005). American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
43. Cutler, PhD, Winnifred B., Regula Burki, M.D., Millicent Zacher, DO , Elizabeth Genovese, M.D. Breast Cancer In Postmenopausal Women: What is the Real Risk? Powerpoint presentation by Dr. Cutler (October 2009). American Society for Reproductive Medicine Annual Meeting, Atlanta GA.
44. Cutler W and Burki R (2010) A public health paper on breast cancer incidence that does not withstand scrutiny. Review of recently published paper that seemed to show breast cancer dropped when the 2002 WHI study and media caused women to stop using HRT. Climacteric 13:6, 607-608. (and Menopause Live; the IMS newsletter, August 2010).
45. Cutler W and Burki R (2011) Overdiagnosis may further diminish mammographic breast cancer benefits minimized by elegant study. Climacteric 14:296-297. (and Menopause Live; the IMS newsletter, 2011).
46. Cutler W, Burki R, and Kolter J., (November 2011) Mortality reduction by widespread screening: not quite as effective as we all hope? International Menopause Society online newsletter, Menopause Live.
" My research has consistently focused on what behavior a woman can engage in to increase her power, well-being, and vitality."
---Winnifred B. Cutler, Ph.D.
A portion of the profits from our book and pheromone sales helps to fund Athena's on-going research and grants (click here for more on Grants and Help for Students).